View Single Post
      04-01-2021, 08:44 PM   #57
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by para38super View Post
I am BMW enthusiast and have owned several BMW's over the years. But I still ask my self what is a true M car? M3/M4 is nothing special now a days. M sport is just m sport, m3 is just a m3. They are both 3 series cars, nothing special. Some times on this forum it seems like we are comparing a family sedan vs super car. They are more alike than some like to accept. Again this is coming from a BMW enthusiast and I like 3 series cars.
Nothing special compared to any other sedan ever made or bespoke 100K purpose built sports cars?

Even if the M3 isn't the fastest car on the road, it doesn't take away the fact most reasonable car enthusiasts would say the M3 is at least somewhat special for what it is. It's also reasonable to say the E90 M3 drives, handles, feels, looks and performs at significantly higher level than a badged up 335 does. So why then wouldn't it bother people who really understand these things at a level to understand.

Badged up m sport cars emphasize 0-60 times and looks. Shallow stuff to judge car on IMO...

You can't convince me a properly modded E9x M3 isn't a special car despite not posting the fastest lap and 1/4 times out there.
Appreciate 0