11-08-2017, 02:35 AM   #94
Roger_M
Private First Class
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrix20 View Post
Hmm the ideal M550 buyer is difficult to answer, most here compare a 540i to the 550i , so what about acceleration and speed it makes no big difference, because you have speed limit in the US, so i can compare it in Germany on the autobahn, and there you can see the difference, a very big difference. You also can feel the sound of a V8 engine and a 6 cylinder engine, both running smooth but in the M550i you have two cars in one ! If you want to drive relaxed and soft with low noise around you, you select the comfort mode and you have an excellence limousine and you glide on the road, perfect for your grandmother and family. Also with an understatement touch. And if you want the beast, select the sport plus mode and you have a real sports car, a better acceleration than a normal 911 and a perfect sound. It really makes fun to push the speed over 200 Km/h up to the limit and you really donīt recognize, that you are driving 250. I donīt like it, when everyone can see a fast car and with the M550i you look like you have a normal average serial car, but with enormous power under the bonnet and no one can see it, that is perfect. I like that.
Great post!