View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #37
NytWolf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10, 2015 F30, 2008 E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
That's incredible mpg for a truck. Big thanks for the input btw.
The recirc wouldn't really bother me however I will have to look into that transmission issue. Does it affect anything? Also do you know if it was on the 6speed as well or just the 8speed?
On my f350 I've had the nav/touchscreen pop the fuse multiple times (never blew it though) and cause the radio not to work. Other features such as heated cooled seats were unaffected though. So the issue with yours seems like the better option to deal with if it were to occur.
The headlight I was unaware of. That's definitely a pricey fix so I'll have to watch out for that and take that into consideration for my choice.
Thanks for providing some feedback. How was the ride comfort and handling?
When the infotainment freezes, it's just the infotainment. The heated steering wheel, heated seats, a/c controls, all still work. One more thing, the top section of the steering wheel doesn't get as warm as the bottom sections. I say sections because the heating elements seem to be separated at the spokes. The top section is nearly half the circumference, so it has more area for heat dispersion, thereby not getting as hot. At least that's what I was led to believe. The service department says the other trucks they had on their lot replicated mine.

The transmission issue is on the 8-speed only. The 6-speed doesn't have that, but driving one back to back, the 6-speed model felt heavier to me. It hasn't affected anything in the time I've had it.

As far as comfort, it's smooth until you go over those speed bumps, not humps, but bumps. It feels more like a heavy duty truck than a light truck. They use monotube shocks and provide support only on the compression stroke. I suspect that the rebound is too much for the truck's weight. I've read that it is night and day after replacing with a better shocks like the Bilstein 5100's. The Bilstein provide damping on the compression and rebound.
Appreciate 0