03-11-2021, 11:04 AM   #4
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
If you don't mind going through the hassle of private sale you will likely get a few thousand more. It also depends on how long it takes to sell. Weather is getting nicer so there might be more interested sellers compared to when I put my M4 up for sale in November. Actually sold it in December which surprised me. You can get a ballpark idea of how much extra you stand to make looking at the KBB prices, although plan to come down off that price some in negotiating.

I did the KBB dealer offer thing. Had a local dealer offer me 45k for mine. Ending up selling it private for 53k.
I tried the similar thing through Trucar which is how I got the offer I have now. Went to the first dealer that contacted me and they looked at the car and handed me an offer good for 3 days. I told them I was still shopping it around but they were very interested and said they would match other offers. Looking at KBB now and it is about the same.

I tried Carvana first and it "stumped" their automatic appraisal system. A few weeks later I got a very low ball offer for around $51k after contacting their support to ask why I hadn't received anything yet.
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 0