View Single Post
      08-31-2022, 08:07 PM   #1
ahkwak
Rep
Drives: bmw 540i & x3 m40i

Angry 540i brakes constantly warping

I am having difficulty with my g30.

TLDR: My brakes keep warping and I'm not sure why.

I just changed my brakes early in March after feeling pulsing on brakes. After the brakes were changed the vehicle drove smooth for a few months. However, it came with a hefty price tag. If I failed to brake smoothly, I would need to pay another hefty fee. Knowing this, I drove very carefully.

In June I felt it start to pulsate again. FGJ!H?!FHJKD
I went in to the dealership and they told me I warped my rotors............. AGAIN!
I asked them how this can be and they didn't know either and just told me I'd need to cough up the dough to get them fixed. I got a whole new set of brake pads and rotors for the front. And then it broke smoothly again. wooh.

August comes around.............
I
feel
pulsation!
AHHHHHHHHH!

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I know the costs and I'm doing my best to brake smoothly. Yet, I keep getting warped rotors. I drive an X3 the same and there are no issues there. These are OEM brake pads and rotors.

Does anyone know if this is a common issue or if it could be something to do with another part of the car? I asked the dealership and they said the brake calipers are in stellar condition and just recently replaced my control arms. So could it be something else? Anything helps. Thank you

TLDR: My brakes keep warping and I'm not sure why.
Appreciate 0