04-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Today BMW announced iDrive 7.0 which will be coming out this fall, with the release of the G05 X5. In the showcase of the new digital dashboard, as well as the overall infotainment design, the 5 Series is showcased, and even seen in the gauge cluster's starting screen (second photo), leading me to believe that the LCI G30 5, will be receiving the new dash, which makes sense since the cheaper upcoming G20 3 series was spied showcasing this. I also do like that they kept the traditional BMW orange gauge colors.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/04/17/bm...lable-in-2018/
It is annoying they use the 5 series in the picture but doubt they get this until 2020 models next year. That does look very nice though but what can you do. There’s always gonna be better stuff coming out. I ordered a 530e and I won’t be surprised when they double the battery range on that in 2 years either. I wish car buying wasn’t such a guessing game to us in the know. Honestly though I think they should go further with the HUD than the dash. I stare so little at the dash nowadays. If a full map appeared on the windshield mapped to actual road view, then we’re talking.
Appreciate 0