View Single Post
      01-07-2022, 10:13 AM   #37
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC M550 VADER View Post
So my car is a CPO, but I also have the Hendrick Autoguard warranty through the BMW dealer. They told me that as an authorized Carbahn installer, they back the tune 100% and will cover anything that happens. I got that in writing.

The snap/crackle is an option during the tune. I asked them not to enable, as I don't like that sound.
That's strange. It's not BMW that provides the warranty, but Carbahn - and only for the initial warranty period of 4 years or 48 months.

So let's say you are within your initial warranty and something brakes down. If BMW states that the tune was the reason why it broke down, they go to Carbahn and ask them to cover the repair charges.

Now, if you are out of the initial warranty, Carbahn does not even warranty anything. Even if you have a CPO BMW, they won't cover anything beyond the original warranty of 4/48.

It would be strange that BMW would be willing to cover a tune that the manufacturer of the tune (Carbahn) does not even cover beyond the original warranty. The only time I could see that happening is if they were to lie to the 3rd party warranty company that a tune was not installed.
Appreciate 0