View Single Post
      01-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #42
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Damn, that dude straight up lied to me. I asked him point blank if they cover the FACTORY warranty or Extended .....and he told me they go until any CPO or extended warranty expires. Not very impressed.
What I pasted earlier was when I reached out for the M2C. When I reached out for the X5 M50i 2 years ago, I got a similar response. Basically he's saying "don't worry, extended warranty company will not look for a tune", which I've seen happen before. To me the spelling alone was a red flag

This is also why I told the guy above to get it in writing from the actual warranty company because Carbahn or BMW does NOT know how extensive a 3rd party warranty will look for tunes. If they see a tune, they will deny. Naturally BMW and/or Carbahn want to make a sale.

"How are warranty matches the new car warrantee year for your mile from mile, so any malfunction that the dealer diagnoses as a failure from our software we would step in and pay the bill.

We do not match extended warranty coverage, however extended warrantees are typically administered by third-party and the inspection process is not as focus on aftermarket parts as the new car warranty"
Appreciate 1
HerkHealer1717.50