View Single Post
      07-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #89
Demon23
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

With all due respect guys, you have to know that you are a dying breed.
The future M3 / M5 / M6 customers are kids in their 20's now how had at some point groing up, Playstations or Xboxes with controllers and paddles... they are use to that, they like it, and very few of them will ever develop a taste for the manual box.

Everything today is about specs, numbers, everything is quantified, and this is why the manual box will die.
There are too few customers for manual cars left, and as many of you already pointed out before me, meeting emission and fuel restrictions ... is becoming, slowly but surely, impossible while using a manual box...

BMW already made a great step twards you NA guys, with the manual M5 and M6 ... which to my knowledge, has not been offered on any other market but yours... aaaaaaaaaaand.. it's not great... why ? because the car was designed for a DCT... and does not work that great with a manual.. and with that aside, as BMW is a company looking to make money from its products, i'm not even sure that the number of M5/M6's that were sold as manuals in NA, will cover the cost of the developement for that particular version of the car...

With that aside ... automatic is the future, and we might still have 10 years of really awesome manuals before us... just imagine an M2 CSL manual.. running with 400 HP and a 3000-ish pound body on it... i don't know about you but i wouldn't need anything more than that for pure driving pleasure using a stick... and who knows.. maybe we will have one..

On another front, capping the power to 600 is normal, i just wish to God that they would actually cut 4-500 pounds of the M5's weight by using a carbon tub. That would be a dream M5 as well, even RWD only, auto or stick, really doesn't matter.. just get rid of that weight !!!!

I find it so funny when i hear the same story oooooover... and ooooover... and ooooover again... every time they launch a new M3... " X part is Y% lighter than the previous generation.. the V8 is lighter than the inline 6 that it comes to replace it... bla ... bla bla... ", and still the cars are heavier and heavier... and still, in the last 20 years at least, the lightest car (by far i might add), was the absolutely sublime 2004 M3 CSL .. Sure they tried to copy it later on... but put the E92 GTS on a scale and ... well.. we all know the story...

Last edited by Demon23; 07-07-2015 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: -
Appreciate 2