View Single Post
      06-22-2016, 03:21 PM   #50
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
You say its going against the F-Type (which is an awesome car) but based on all the information we have seen it's only competing against the F-Type on size (and probably price)! Jaguar has RWD and AWD options vs BMW RWD only, and the engines are not even close if BMW is only putting the 4 & 6 cyl in there, Jaguar starts at 340hp (which would compare to a Z5 M40i if made) and goes all the way up to a 550 HP version (meaning BMW needs the M5 engine to compete). the 340 hp version starts at $65K.

now if BMW offered a Z5M with AWD for $108K to compete with the F-Type that would be amazing.
I don't think a Z5 with xDrive is on the cards. Why can't the BMW demonstrate the similar levels of power but with less cylinders?
Its the change which is coming and not necessarily for this car but the BMW Power eDrive power train is a six cylinder albeit assisted drivetrain with 670PS. It illustrates a possible future for performance.
And besides the Jaguar is not a light car.