11-03-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
Mrgee55
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d xdrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgee55 View Post
Hi Thanks for the info..
The supplier has just confirmed they are not genuine, which I thought as much, but I am just looking to upgrade the ambient lighting in the speaker grills, the complete kit comes with the main speakers as well, but I probably wont use them.. the tweeters are a little more difficult, as they are bonded to the grille/cover, so I will try those out first to check quality against my HK ones. Fingers crossed, they're a decent quality.
Hi Guys...
my retro fit Bowers &Wilkins Design kit arrived and I’ve just fitted it... overall I must say...Im super impressed with the quality and the sound compared to the HKs ... I’m sure some purists will be able to tell the difference in the midrange sound quality, but the rest of the HK speakers in the rear and front dash, more that make up the overall sound quality, but at night, the extra ambient lighting is just awesome..
Fitting I did myself, which wasn’t too bad, pretty much plug and play, with just very small amount of drilling to get the HK speaker grills off the door card..
I’ll upload some pics later,
Overall..well worth the money, if you want the extra ambient lighting :
Appreciate 2