View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #5
Ebanksd
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Hi Richiemail,

Did you ever get this sorted?

I picked up a G30 a couple of weeks ago and am loving it so far! Decided to go for the 530d, lots of mileage....

However I'm also having issues with CarPlay stuttering occasionally switching between different menus but most annoyingly the audio cutting out for a couple of a seconds at a time. The music track or podcast (downloaded to iPhone) continues to play on the iPhone but then cuts back in having moved along a couple of seconds.

It's as though the WiFi cannot handle the bandwidth. In my last car - an Audi A4 it worked fine using a cable connection with no lag, stuttering or cutting out ever.

It happens when on the sliding tray in the centre console, in the armrest or in my pocket. It does seem to happen a little more when charging but the device is not hot to the touch so I'm a bit at a loss to what's happening.

Otherwise the interface is better implemented than on the Audi with more shortcuts direct to the phone menu, hanging up with the phone icon on the wheel actually works and you can also cut to now playing, all via they numbered shortcuts. Even dialling programmed phone numbers work using the shortcut buttons!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Appreciate 0