Firebirdfirst
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nectar_balen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
I am looking for something lower dust for my 19 M550i. Every BMW from the 535 to my last f10 M5 is so bad on dust. I have to get the car washed a couple times a week just for the wheels. Anyone try these DP42302R? Do they fit the 374 MM set up for the blue M sport brakes?
thx for any input

I was looking at these below on eBay $60 for the set

16-1868 Powerstop Brake Pad Sets 2-Wheel Set Front Driver & Passenger Side New
I haven't bought them yet, although I likely will. No idea if they fit the m-sport brakes, although, I have a feeling those take a different pad from my rudimentary research. You could just check to see if the BMW part numbers cross reference from a 540ix with standard brakes to an m550 with m sport. Your dealer can likely also answer that question, or go to EBC's website, plug in your car info and their fitment guide will tell you a part number.

I don't think though that you'll find a successful solution to your dust issue by going to performance pads. They likely will dust less, but you may find other elements of them undesirable like squeal, bite, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase no name inexpensive pads off eBay though. Next to tires, brakes are a pretty important element of a cars performance, and generally not a good place to compromise. Especially on a car with lots of power.

At risk of sounding contrary, pads dust, it's a normal function of a braking system. We have heavy cars with plenty of power, and therefore more braking, resulting in more dust. I don't know at what threshold of dust production you would be satisfied, but if you want to spend the money on pads and wear sensors (and labor if you don't want to do it) to swap them out and see, it may be worth the experiment for you. If nothing else you may find you like the increased braking performance.
I did a ceramic coat on my wheels and calipers and go through the touch less wash weekly. No more noticeable dust after that.
Appreciate 0