First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

Garage List
2013 328i M-Sport  [0.00]
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by runbuh View Post
It's a huge thread about AC problems with the G30 line. I think this post explains things pretty well, though:

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1395349&page=9

"I decided that I'd try and get a jump on the inevitable Vegas heat. I reached out to my Service writer and Service manager in hopes of them having received word from Munich with a solution. My primary complaint was extremely low flow from the entire right side of the center stack and the need to endlessly experiment with the HVAC settings.
I'm pleased to report that after a software update and removal of some "excessive foam" from the right supply plenum the A/C is flowing like my 2017 X5 and the 15 previous 7 series I've owned. Very happy to hit summer head on with greater than 50% of cabin airflow restored."

That SIB (from my earlier post) can be found on this page:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...t=HVAC&page=56

But you KNOW that BMW is going to blame your "new" HVAC controls.
Thanks for this.

I hope they won’t hassle me. I’ve had the same service advisor for like 15 or so years, and he’s been cool with my modifications and light coding in the past. He also went to bat for me with with BMW NA when my sunroof exploded for absolutely no reason on my F30 335i and got it covered. I’ll probably contact him and feel it out with him first. Definitely don’t want to go through the hassle of putting the non-touch screen HVAC controller back if they’re going to service the system.

Still blows my mind the airflow could’ve been deliberately designed to be that weak or that “diffused” in BMW-speak. Is it that strange that someone wants to be blasted with heated or cooled air. When I’m wearing a wool suit in August and want to cool off fast before I start sweating, diffused air isn’t what I’m looking for. I test drove an A5 sportback after my initial disappointment with the G20, its airflow and HVAC system as a whole was excellent. Heat came out like a blow dryer. But I’m most concerned with HVAC performance for January and February to warm my cold lizard-like blood, so I can live with it if need be.