View Single Post
      02-05-2020, 06:29 PM   #48
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This is why a new licensing system needs to be developed which is similar to that for piloting aircraft with these cars. Any Douchebag, as is made obvious in this case, can saunter up to the dealership with cash and purchase a 200 MPH car. Nothing can go wrong with this system. Oh wait...

Just as a pilot with 80 hrs in single engine aircraft can't operate a multi-engine jet, the Douchebag should be allowed to drive that monster. When will people learn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
They have this overseas with graduated licensing for motorcycles. I feel it should be that way across the board as you've mentioned.
ZX10 Guy has probably read the posts on Kawasaki sportbike forums (they're there for all makes:

"Mommy and daddy are buying me a first motorcycle, but they're so mean! I want a ZX10 (or R1, or GSXR 1000, or CBR 1000RR, or Panigale, or some other fire breathing monster that puts out around 200 hp), but they only want to buy me a 600 cc supersport bike that only puts out 120 hp, and I'll outgrow it in six months."

They eventually whine loud enough to get the superbike, complete with shiny new leathers, and spend the time holding people up by whacking the throttle on the straights and parking it in the turns, until they finally crash.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50