View Single Post
      02-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #53
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
ZX10 Guy has probably read the posts on Kawasaki sportbike forums (they're there for all makes:

"Mommy and daddy are buying me a first motorcycle, but they're so mean! I want a ZX10 (or R1, or GSXR 1000, or CBR 1000RR, or Panigale, or some other fire breathing monster that puts out around 200 hp), but they only want to buy me a 600 cc supersport bike that only puts out 120 hp, and I'll outgrow it in six months."

They eventually whine loud enough to get the superbike, complete with shiny new leathers, and spend the time holding people up by whacking the throttle on the straights and parking it in the turns, until they finally crash.
Yes. Read many threads on various forums about "out growing bikes." I wouldn't even recommend a 600 cc Super sport for anyone just starting out. Although all the electronic nannies on modern sport bikes have made them more forgiving. One of my track coaches said about these electronic nannies. They're great to help with small mistakes. But these things can't fix stupid.

The funny thing is with my experience on the track and having run liter bikes and owning one, I've been kicking around the idea of buying a 400 to play around on. Last year when I was at VIR, there was a Motoamerica junior cup racer by the name of Rocco Landers running circles around others on BMW S1000RRs through the technical section of the track on his race prepp'd 400.
Appreciate 0