03-29-2020, 07:18 AM   #15
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
I was in the hospital on an IV for ~ 12days, and I heard the nurses saying, "Get Mary. She can practice on Murf's arm!". I'm an easy poke, so I always goof on the nurses:
"Don't hurt me now!"
"Don't miss!"
When giving blood, I nap, meditate, etc., and come out feeling very rested.

Murf

PS: Lab retrievers are more difficult because they have an extra layer of fatty skin to keep them warm in the water, but it lets the vein squirm around some.
Samoyeds can be so difficult they have to try for the jugular sometimes.
I donate....but dislike needles. My daughter tried her best during nursing school to let her practice on me....but nope!!

Her poor boyfriend at the time...now her husband... was the guinea pig.

I was always vascular, but with the gym and a low body fat percentage...it's ridiculous. My wife thinks it's gross.

And lsturbointeg even gave me a nickname in the gym thread. Of course I showed his comments to my wife. I think her face was red for a week. She lived such a sheltered life.

Hope you guys up there are staying safe. I was talking with my daughter yesterday, and she's starting to really worry. That alarms me as she is pretty easy going, but she's part of a group network of nurse's across the country and some of the stuff that is happening is unnerving to say the least.