View Single Post
      05-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

So first thing is that Sport and Sport + are in different worlds. Much more of a difference from the E63S which really had the same power but more aggressive shifts (only).

The car wakes up everywhere on Sport plus - and is much stronger mid to top end. On that note I ran into an E63S Estate. I giggled when I saw the lights behind me and because the lights are the same for all E's, I had to wait - and then saw it was the estate.

He pulled up beside me to pass - and I didn't let him. Now having owned the car (sedan) I know how quick these cars are - all I can say is I did not get passed and he did not make the attempt again (despite me driving beside him).

I will take this car to the 1/4 as I do with all my cars. I ran a 11.8-11.9 on average in the E63S - best of 11.7 at 123 MPH. In the MB you couldn't drop tire pressure past 40 psi without losing racestart (LC). I have said that on Sport the car fees very similar (just much less aggressive shifts (everything in the M550 is super smooth) - and now with my discovery with Sport + - I know it won't be as quick or fast as the E63S - but I will butt dyno and say mid to low 12's in S+ - at 115 MPH - which is a solid ET and MPH - if correct.

We will find out May 13th.

Then I tried Sport plus with traction control off and it's another huge jump. With honesty - it feels 90% the E63S. No joke.
Shifting was quite aggressive lol.

I will be shocked if I don't run a 12.5 or less.

Very similar to the GTR - it is clear this car runs very intensive nannies and when turned off - the affects are pronounced.

What a shock. I was happy where it was with the smooth, bumpless ride it offers in uber luxury comfort mode - but it really is best of both worlds.

One thing is for sure - the new M5 is going to be very impressive performance wise when it is released.
Attached Images

Last edited by vtknight; 05-01-2017 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Vervain397.50