Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Has anyone had BMW perform the backup camera recall yet? I'm about to go in for my M550i's first maintenance and a new tire. I was wondering if it was a complete system upgrade or it just a tweak to the backup camera app. No big deal either way. Just curious if I will have recode some of my items and widescreen CarPlay. The service advisor I spoke with said we could skip the recall if I wanted to. Thank you.
Should be a full iStep level upgrade. Make sure dealer has downloaded latest v4.20.34 of ISTA. BMW has had problems for ages with these upgrades. Everything from failed programming to modules that die during programming, to new bugs introduced due to sketchy BMW software engineering. Always a crap shoot.
I'm sure they ironed out some of those issues due to how many millions of vehicles are part of this recall. Thanks.
The current ISTA update for iDrive 6 is firmware "S". I've already heard of some issues with "S" so it's likely "T" is in development or testing.

And with the initial release of 4.20.x dealers couldn't successfully program some models.

BMW car IT group seems to fix a few things while breaking a few more. It's a real sh*t show and sometimes a frustration for shop foremen who are stuck working with TSARA cases to resolve programming foul ups.