05-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #23
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
AMEN to depreciation, it's another reason for leasing in my mind! My 2013 328i with 73k miles was stickered at $49k, and even after factoring in all of the options I have retrofitted to it over the years(it has every option you could have minus ACC and HUD, plus some things you couldn't get on a 3 series at that time), I'd be lucky to get $14k in trade or $17k private according to KBB. I had originally thought about getting a used 15/16 F10 to avoid depreciation on a new one, but after seeing all the tech in the G30, I was converted.

Buying a BMW sedan is fine........along as you get 15-30% discount. In the UK, dealers promotions are so aggressive in March and September that you can even score 0% finance or insanely huge deposit contribution. Discount are most generous on the bigger engines. In real life, the difference in cost between a 530i and 540i is just half of what it is in the configurator.

If you phone around you might even get lucky with a dealer willing to give you a steep discount if you are willing to take delivery within a month of buy a car that's coming in. Discount on SUVs, especially newly launched models are max 15% if you buy off the lot.