View Single Post
      08-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #16
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
How dare you get rid of your M6 reps ! I remember when you first posted pics of 'em and I was all envious b/c I didn't see that many here at the time, and now you go and get those new (admittedly awesome) wheels? What were you thinking? lol j/k

You know what? I say you try and get the M-Sport bumper and side sills and we'll just say it's an M3-lite
I kind of like that..."M3 Lite." Thanks, I may use that. Yeah, I loved the look of the M6 reps on my car; they matched so well and they're a very aggressive look (more so than the CSLs or VS7s), but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get real forged alum. CSL type wheels that weigh 20lbs. each (5 lb.s less than the cast M6 Reps) for a very decent price!!!

All the other forged wheels (iForge, DPE, HRE, ForgeLine, etc.) are typically $3,500 or more, and I've heard some horror stories with some of these well-known brands. Although Morr Alloys are a small outfit (although local to me), they do make high-quality, light-weight monoforged wheels for reasonable prices.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0