08-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #11
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
A #1 allocation means you have dibs on the first BYO customer car. Any dealer allocating their demo car as the #1 allocation are morons.
uh.. be careful.... aren't you also calling anyone who would think that a dealer would assign their demo to their customer with the first allocation a mor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3488 View Post
I am #1 at my dealer for the m2. My question is does that mean I have to get the demo car? This is my first time ordering a car. If that is the case what does a demo car usually entail? And I'm not sure I want people driving my ordered car. Other cars of mine e92 m3 that was wrecked and an e46 330ci. Thanks for the help.
indeed this is a paranoid fear.. as you mentioned.

For the 1M.. there were NO demo cars... very few people drove the car before purchasing it as it was in high demand.

The same is true for your new car... I am sure your BMW center will want to display it proudly on their floor... IF they are a high traffic and high volume dealer.. you buy your car from a dealer in midland TX for example... and I doubt the dealer will care about putting It on their floor because they will get ZERO traffic for a limited edition 2 door model sports car in West Texas..
Appreciate 0