United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLP21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Yes I'm speaking from experience – recently on my son's car. Some insurance policies will cover it, others will not. Progressive offers a windshield policy add-on. For what it would cost, you could replace the windshield once a year and it would be about the same. Naturally this will differ from vehicle to vehicle.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with non-BMW glass; however, my take is that if you can afford the car, you can afford using original parts. Will it cost more? Probably. I just like going to the dealership for everything so there's only one place to hold accountable.
Agree with to each their own. Love this forum because of all of the knowledgeable contributors and that does not include me as a newbie. In the spirit of adding alternative options I would contend that some may be able to afford the car because they choose “only the best” for certain things in life and try to save money when possible or reasonable. Regardless multiple opinions have been offered on a niche product. That’s why this place is such a great resource.
I'm in my late 40s, so I don't want any doubts in my mind if something is done correctly whether it's a windshield or something else that might be cheaper elsewhere. If there are any issues, I'm going straight to one place without the need for a bunch of finger-pointing.

I agree with you, this place is a great resource for information. I have learned a lot in the year I've been a member.
Appreciate 0