srwatters
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i, '16 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_milo View Post
Looks like you have it easy.

EDIT: Looks like you *might* have it easy. I assumed that you where at the current firmware levels since you stated you have the "latest CIC and combox" but that might not be true. Check your CIC level, if it's CIC.C16 you are probably good. Then you can just do as below..... otherwise you'll need to update the levels beforehand. Basically what I'm stuck at.

Just have your tech friend code $6NR to your FA/VO and then code the car to update the modules based on the VO.

Someone had success coding $6NR with FA_WRITE to (CAS, NFRM) and SG_CODIEREN to (CIC, MEDIA), then all the correct fields were changed.

I still need to update my software, so I haven't been able to do it yet.

P.S. Unless you have smartphone integration and a snap-in, you won't get full functionality but you should be able to use Pandora and such through the USB cable.
I just did the above procedure on my 2011 E90 (7/11 build date) and I have the web radio, Facebook, Twitter, & Calendar functions working through the standard white iPhone cable (no snap-in installed). On the ConnectedDrive screen there are two sections under the BMW Apps heading, The section under "snap-in apps" is blank. I'm assuming that is where I would see the video enabled applications if the snap-in adapter is installed.

I might consider adding the snap-in adapter at some point, but for the moment, I'm happy to have the basic functions working.

Good luck!