United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
The fanatec hardware is worlds better than the G27. You'll be very happy with your setup especially coming from nothing. Once you get hooked, you'll want to upgrade to their club sport range of hardware someday. Everything just feels better (as expected).

But Assetto Corsa should be the top on your list. No other game/sim comes close to it in terms of realistic physics. All the tracks are laser-scanned and the cars handle eerily like their real life counterparts. I mean each car drives significantly different to each other which is an amazing feat. I've bought every sim over the past few years and nothing comes close to it. Just keep in mind it's not a game and doesn't try hard to be one.
I'm excited to get the wheel, won't be here until mid November unfortunately!

I actually ended up doing the Assetto Corsa bundle so the game was already shipped to me. Using a controller for the game is definitely a no-go, I feel like you NEED a wheel for it to be playable in a real capacity. I agree with you in that it is certainly not a game, as it was world's different than my experience with F1 2016, and obviously Forza. Excited to play it with the wheel though.

Quick question, do you have any experience with the Playseat Challenge? Its the foldable rig by Playseat. I live in an apt with pretty limited space in Chicago so that seems to be the best fit for me. Only other option I am thinking about is the Wheelstand Pro with a dedicated chair. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0