View Single Post
      08-31-2019, 09:05 AM   #48
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Bottom line is the 550 is a great car. It's the best of the group I've mentioned unless you start getting into E63 and M5 territory....and I just don't think those cars are $40k better than the M550.
Depending on how you configure the M550i and M5 it's not $40K different. I was looking at either the M550i or the M5 (after I finally decided BMW and not Audi) and the M550i as I was configuring it was/is $88K. My M5 is $110K. $40K would have been too much for what you get (IMO), but $22K? That was something I was willing to do.

Obviously if you are looking at the price of a less well configured M550i or a better equipped M5 (I'm missing the B&W stereo, night vision and the full leather) or wanting an M5C instead of the base M5, then your numbers could be correct. Hell, a fully outfitted M5C can be $130K, I believe. But, for me I was looking at wanting similar options on the M550i and M5 so that's the numbers I considered.

I'm not sure what I'll do when this ones lease comes do (hell, I don't actually have it yet), so I may not get another M5, but that will depend on if I think the extra cost is warranted again.

Just FYI.
Appreciate 0