View Single Post
      05-26-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

Hey Technic thanks for chiming in. Sorry if I wasn't clear but I do know and expect that I'll need to update the CIC / Combox software. I have been checking the daten versions to see where I find them to contain 6NR. From examining the files it seems V39 has the needed software, although it also seems I am one version back on my CIC and possibly on my Combox as well.

Personally I didn't expect to see it until V40 or V41 but I did find some reference to it in V39 as stated previously. It didn't seem that V40 or V41 offer any additional upgrades as far as 6NR is concerned but I could be wrong. I'm still trying to get a good grasp of all of this.

I believe I have all the hardware needed and therefore have been working to find the software and VO coding needed. For example, after my software upgrade do I remove my 6NF and replace it with 6NR? Or do I simply add 6NR to the VO in addition to my existing 6NF? If I can read my friend's car I think all of this will be very clear but I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to read his car.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0