View Single Post
      03-30-2022, 08:32 AM   #9
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
We have a Roomba that we love. its the higher end 800 series model but from maybe 6 years ago so I'm sure they have gotten better. Agreed with Ryan though, this utopian idea that the little robot servant will pop out of its charger and clean your home while you are away is BS. At least for us. We have to take a few minutes to "prep" the room before unleashing the vacuum. Once we do, we commonly then leave to go grocery shop or get coffee. But that initial prep is critical. Otherwise it will always get caught on something. We dont have kids or any real clutter. its just dumb stuff like the bath mat that it will roll up and get stuck on. Or a door that is 1/2 open it will slide past and into the room, then push the door closed and trap itself. Purse strps if my wife leaves hers on the floor. Oh, it also gets caught between the legs of our diningroom table chairs so we have to put those up. Its maybe 3 minutes of prep, but it's critical for our particular vac. Again, they may have gotten better.

Bottom line, if our dies we will 100000% get another.
Thankfully mine doesnt take that much work. It does seem to not have an issue figuring out the dining room table. It would get itself "stuck" (not really but it would think it was stuck) under my office table but some sort of software update a few months ago stopped that.

Rugs I suspect YMMV. Mine has no issue with any of mine. Including those gel mats and the thick jute rug the motorcycle is on. My shower mat is like microfiber over memory foam and it has no issue with that but I do suspect if I let it in the toilet room it would probably roll up the super thick shag rug under the shitter. But really the only time its had an issue is when a rug wasnt flat, like sometimes my dog likes to lay next to one and she pushes her feet under it, rolling it under itself.

I think if its a tight-pile rug it can probably handle it but yeah those more shaggy style weaves might give it issues. Its funny because you can hear it turning the brush off and on going between the wood and rugs.

For the doors I am a fan of something like this: https://www.rejuvenation.com/catalog...EaAtBUEALw_wcB

If the door isnt closed its all the way open, against the wall, no longer have the vac locking itself in the guest bath.
Appreciate 1
M_Six16962.00