View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #110
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

OK, so just an update for any 540i owners out there. I was able to get this to work but want to explain details below. This was on a 2017 540i so experience may vary depending on year.

I was not able to get my passenger side flap to open. Even in Sport or sport+ mode it was closed. Maybe something is wrong but don't care as read below.

As we know, there are apps (Carly & Bimmerlink) that allow us to open the flaps but with the caveat that the app needs to stay connected and the OBD2 connector needs to stay connected which is not what I wanted.

What I ended up doing is a combination of everything I have read in this post (except the physical zip tie method as did not want to go that route).

1) I hooked up via BimmerLink and opened the flaps. Verified by looking down the pipe and verified that flap is opened. Also hear it open as we all know.
2) I then yanked the fuse which kept it stuck opened.
3) Verified it is now open no matter what and I am happy.

Dont know if you guys know but Dinan just came out with a controller for this valve. The only thing that this $229 part gives you that this trick doesn't is the ability to close it at will which I would prob never do so I just saved $229 :-)
https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...arts/R660-0001

Thanks for the fuse# as that was key!

Last edited by Supacat; 09-25-2020 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0