View Single Post
      11-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #39
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

I've been lusting for an RTX 3080 video card for the past year or so but like most everyone else, disappointed in the "Sold Out" notices, high prices and dangers of ending up with a used one when they become available.

So, I decided to get an RTX 3080 that is installed in a reputable computer manufacturer. In my case, I settled on an HP Omen entry level gaming computer. It will arrive with an NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080. I plan to yank the card and install it in my gaming computer. I recently upgraded my computer to an ASUS Hero ROG VII mobo with AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz, so the RTX 3080 should finish the package pretty well. I will install my older GTX 1080 video card in the new HP Omen and then give that computer to one of my grandkids. Considering the current prices of RTX 3080 cards, I figure I got the rest of the computer for about $300.00.

Just my work-around. Your mileage may vary.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 2