08-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #23
Dobie Dog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F97 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjrk View Post
I'm loving it...i really feel that the MPPSK takes a great luxury car and instills a palpable amount of that old BMW sport that has been missing lately. Sound of exhaust is not overdone between idle and 3500-4k rpm (deeper tone, more volume than stock with subtle burbles and pops) but above 4k rpm, it really comes alive. 5k rpm throttle lifts gives a handful of loud "machine gun shots" which turn some heads and full throttle upshifts give a great shove and blat from the exhaust. Windows down definitely allows you to hear exhaust more (perhaps too much sound-deadening in the g30). Ive done some casual quiet backroad launch control starts and rolling accelerations....timed 0-60mph at 4.2 sec average, best was 4.1, but most were 4.2 and 4.3. Passing power is better than stock...easy to blow well past the speedlimit (such as passing car doing 50mph in a 55mph zone, drop to 3rd gear and floor it...easy to get to 85 or 90mph in a few seconds). I would highly recommend the MPPSK...if you want old BMW passion in addition to mini-7-series lux/comfort, you can't go wrong. 540i is a great car....540i with MPPSK is a great BMW.
docjrk - Would you mind telling me how much you paid for your MPPSK installed? I was just quoted a price from a local BMW dealer that seems to be very high.

Power and Sound Kit ……….$2410
Exhaust tips………………………. $527
Exhaust trim panel…………… $636
Labor to install kit…………….$1414.40
Taxes and shop supplies….. $340
Total…………………………………$5327.40
Appreciate 0