04-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #30
Dobie Dog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F97 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Ten View Post
Thanks for that; essentially what I assumed. Posted this in another section, but thought I would also check here. I am interested in an M Performance exhaust or maybe the MPPSK for my 2019 540xi but but I have a few questions that maybe some of you more knowledgeable folks could answer. First, I have not been able to get a clear idea of what is actually included in the price of the exhaust. Is it just the rear muffler, or the entire cat-back system? (I understand I will need exhaust finishers and the rear valance also). Looks to me like just the muffler from the pictures and diagrams I have been able to see. Second, is the M Performance exhaust included in the MPPSK kit or is it separate? Again, it looks to me like it is part of the MPPSK kit but BMW's descriptions leave a bit to be desired. Lastly, does anyone know if one could get the quad M-type exhaust finishers and if so would they work with this set up instead of the trapezoidal ones? Thanks for your help! --Bob
Not sure I can answer all of the questions because I don't know that much about the M Performance exhaust by itself but I do know the MPPSK includes the exhaust, torque converter, and tune. The MPPSK by itself is a mild horsepower gain but the sound is fantastic without being overwhelming like some after market exhaust systems can be (IMO). I added a Dinan Stage 1 after installing the MPPSK and it added the horsepower I was looking for so me it has been a win win, both a little bit mild and a little bit wild depending on your right foot. As far as the M type exhaust tips paired with the cutout of a 540/550 bumper trim, I have seen pictures of that pairing and IMO it looks way wrong together. I hope that helps.