YoungOG08
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmega4 View Post
Hey Guys,

I have received my custom ordered 2018 Bluestone Metallic 540I finally.. it came in about 10 days ago.. I plan to do a big thread shortly.. time has not been on my side to do it the way I want ... but will be coming soon.

I made this thread to get others opinions on the Mperformance Exhaust.

I added this selection to my build as the stock exhaust is way too quiet and I prefer the larger tips of the MPE as well.

Before I get started and I will cover in my personal review and thread I DO LOVE THIS CAR.. IT IS AMAZING AND I AM MORE THAN THRILLED WITH IT with one small complaint... the sound

First time I heard my cars exhaust was at the dealer in the showroom as my Sales rep set in the seat cranked it up and pulled it out of the showroom floor. I stood in anticipation of it starting to hear the sound of the MPE upon starting I expected it to be a little bit deeper/ louder than it was especially in the showroom as most cars / motorcycles usually sound deeper in a closed in area.

After starting the car up again once I got home I got out to have a listen.. even had the wife drive the car to hear it take off. Not bad, just not good as in you would be hard pressed to think I spent extra money on the exhaust system. Also there is a very noticeable rattle upon start up I believe coming from the heat shield.. it goes away after about 30 seconds.. but is rather embarrassing as it sounds metallic and cheap.. Is there a fix to this or is this pretty normal?

didn't have that rattle on past cars of mine.

I primarily keep the car in Sport Plus, perhaps after I log some more miles on it break in will give a little deeper tone.

In short Its not my M but I was expecting a little more grunt... Honestly I find it very underwhelming and a tad unfulfilling... Granted I wanted smoother and more refined this round for my car choice I just thought adding the MPE would step it up another notch.

I added this to the build so no stock exhaust to change out to so I will be keeping this exhaust for the next 3 years.. however I am considering going ahead and placing my order tomorrow for the Stage 1 Dinan Tune.. hoping this will give it not only a little extra power but just a little extra sound as well.

For those of you with just MPE.. thoughts

and for those of you with MPPSK have you heard a 540 with just MPE.. any noticeable difference in sound ?

last... I have pretty much zero drone in comfort or sport... I have yet to put the car in Eco and don't foresee it being pressed anytime soon.

Look forward to hearing from those of you that have this exhaust.
Bmw probably want you to buy this so it can go away..CF Tailpipe Finisher
Attached Images

Appreciate 0