08-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #103
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
rodi has a good point...i mean, we can all take cool pictures of lines, but lines leading to the sky (in the case of buildings) or lines leading to more lines...is that really the point of the contest? because if such is the case, it seems to me that the contest should be called lines, and not leading lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
if you want it to be technical, a leading line is anything that draws your eyes through a photograph (basically from one end to the other) or to a specific subject (point a to point b). I personally don't believe they need to be straight or even that obvious. For example row of trees on a point out into the ocean can easily be a leading line into the horizon. The trees don't have to be in a perfect straight line to lead your eyes, they would however need to have some sort of vanishing point or something where they went from larger to smaller.
And along those lines (sorry, couldn't resist), rodi's pic is really not a leading lines pic because the first thing that grabs your eye there is the model who is the subject of the image. If she were standing much further back in the image, I could see the leading lines connection. But the lines in that pic merely frame the subject. Rodi's earlier image of The Salk with the birds way in the distance is much more a leading lines type image.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0