Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
No sweetheart, they will put two brand new rear tires on. You cant repair that, it has to be replaced and you cant just replace one tire, you have to replace both tires.

What's crazy is, I had my windows down driving at about 40 mph (rural country hwy) and I heard it puncture. It sounded like if you were to pop a balloon How many people can say they've actually heard their tire be punctured by a nail, screw, or bolt? Hardly anyone. You only know you've hit something when you see your TPMS light go off and then stop to inspect. I actually heard it and within 5 seconds my TPMS went off and I could hear the air hissing out like if you were to let air out of a balloon thats how loud it was. I knew I was fucked and I was on a draw bridge at the time that was going up. So I had to stop. No shoulders no where to pull over. Thank you SOS button and thank you God this happened on my way to pick up my daughter and not when I had my child in the car. That would have been a ROUGH two hours waiting for a tow truck if she was with me.
Sorry to hear this, Sara.

I'm really glad that your baby wasn't with you, as well. Roadsides are dangerous in the best circumstances.

Have you considered a tire warranty? In our state it is almost a necessity. I go through at least 4 to 6 tires per year across the 4 BMWs. The Fusion is a bit more forgiving on tires. The tire and wheel warranty paid for itself in 2 months on the M6, 1 year on the X5, 1 year on the 328d, and I've already replaced one on the i8.

Our roads are horrible and the debris on the sides of the roads kills both tires and windshields. If you want some info on the warranty I use, PM me and I will shoot it over to you.

Take Care-mk
Appreciate 1