View Single Post
      01-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #11
Canuck99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M550i, '15 Jaguar F-Type R

I have an m550i and with the Premium Package came the Connected Drive Services. There are 2 apps you can load on your iPhone. First "BMW Remote" - this allows you to see the car status (km range), set a departure time if you want the car ventilated, lock/unlock, honk horn, flash headlights and send a destination to the car. What it doesn't have, that the US owners have, is remote 3D view. The second app is "BMW Connected". This gives you access to all sorts of apps (like ECO PRO Analyzer), web radio, reading twitter feeds on the screen, Calendar, news feed to the screen, etc...

So, in the end, the only thing that I don't think we have in Canada is the remote 3D view to look around your vehicle remotely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Hi guys,

I was watching some Youtube videos on the 5 series in anticipation of picking mine up this weekend. One video by Schmee mentioned the technology and that fact that there is an app that can be used to view a whole bunch of things. I did Google search and it appears that it is only available for US? Is that correct? Do us Canadians not get the equivalent? If so, how do I get it and set up? Is it a free service or a subscription service that we need to pay extra for?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0