View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 04:45 AM   #1
relevante
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Control Arms? Anything else?

I've just gotten my new-to-me E93 out for a couple of drives as the weather improves and I've noticed that it tends to pull left under hard braking. Have been considering a sticky caliper as a possible issue, but it also felt possibly suspension related.

Looking closer at the car, the front left wheel has a lot of extra negative camber. It's visible just looking at it, and the camber pins haven't been touched.

Also, I can reach under and twist that left lower control arm pretty easily with one hand. The right one is a little harder but I can move it with one hand too. The car only has 43k miles, but it's still almost 16 years old. Checking the wheels for play, 12 and 6 feels solid but the left one has what feels to me like quite a bit of play grabbing at 9 and 3. The right wheel has some, but less than the left. TBH, I don't know what a brand new one would feel like here either though.

So I'm thinking I'll replace control arms, and while I'm doing it switch to the GAS monoballs (using their preinstalled setup) in the upper. Thoughts on that? Seems like a pretty likely cause for the pulling and/or camber issue, and should tighten up the play I'm feeling, right?

I'll replace all the locking nuts as shown in ISTA. Anything else I should do while I have things apart?

Thanks.

Last edited by relevante; 03-08-2024 at 05:57 AM..
Appreciate 0