02-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #63
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Once my dealer ran out of loaner cars and I had to get an ATS...

Was not expecting how fun that was to drive. It was just the 2.0, but boy did it handle amazingly and had nice tight steering. It wasn't quite the E90, but it's the closest thing to it as BMW unfortunately does not make a car that steers like the E90 anymore.

In typical GM fashion, the rest of it was disappointing. There were a fair number of GM parts bin interior components, hard plastics, etc. Add its questionable reliability and likely class-worst residual values and you have a poor buying proposition.
Sounds like a magazine review. I didn't find anything disappointing, well maybe the dash lights don't dim enough for my taste. The driving position is great, viability is as good as most cars, brakes are spot on, steering is about perfect. You can complain about CUE, but I find idrive distracting and annoying too.

Not sure the reliability is any worse than a modern BMW.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0