Gautam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
I will definitely reserve final overall judgement when I see them in person, at the dealer, on the road etc. I've been around the block too many times to dig my heels in completely and veto it from internet pictures and the "build your own" website. It's just an awkward looking front and rear.

I have a feeling the M5 will get my juices flowing.
I can’t help but fantasize about the g9x m5, but it’s made my expectations very high. The drivetrain will be very similar to the xm, and while it’s highly controversial, if you go to the xm boards here, most owners seem to say the power delivery is very smooth. Extrapolating roughly off of the g60’s, it’s seeming like it’ll be around 4500 lbs, with over 700hp. Acceleration like an EV, but the range and burbles of a traditional v8, rear axle steering to put it more on par with the likes of the amg gt and Panamera…I’m expecting a monster sports sedan with very few weaknesses. Many of the m’s have had mixed reception upon debut, but they’ve always been head and shoulders above their predecessors. Cars like the i8, ix and xm are for bmw to expetment…but I have a lot of faith in them not messing around with the m5. They never have to date.
NGT25706.00