01-27-2018, 10:54 PM   #7
Radmobile
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i & 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
I agree that glass is just as important and arguably more important than the body. However, with a budget around $1,000, you're knocking on the door of a Canon 6D. The Canon 6D can be had brand new for $1,299 and slightly pre-owned and refurbished for a considerable amount less (well within $1,000). It can be a very good upgrade from the current T3i Rebel that he has.

I did this very thing, once I used the hell out of my T3i, I upgraded to the 6D and couldn't be happier. You get to a point where the camera starts to hold you back and doesn't allow you to continually evolve, improve, and take your shots to the next level when you're wanting just more features, function, or bigger sensor out of the camera.

IMO, if you aren't going to be taking video or shooting sports often then the 6D is the best bang for your buck full frame camera you can buy from Canon. Especially if you're main thing is shooting photography and/or shooting in low light, the capability in the 6D, for the price, is incredible.
I totally agree that at some point a body's capabilities restricts you and the need to upgrade is necessary. Hell I use a Nikon D5100 and desperately want to upgrade. Focal points, processor, AF in-camera speed and recognition, ISO performance, and many more features have greatly advanced since the D5100. Not just stats on paper, several of these hinder shots on a daily basis.

My primary reason for the lens upgrade is that the OP is using an 18-55mm lens, which I assume is the basic kit F3.5-5.6 lens. Hardly the fastest or sharpest option out there. I'd rather get 2-3 great lenses that will pair well with the 6D (at a later date) and last for as long as the user is on a Canon system. Not to mention it gives greater capabilities in focal lengths and artistic creativity in shots.
Appreciate 0