03-05-2020, 07:48 AM   #20
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
That's great to know ifr thanks All that trial and error process took so much time; now the process would be more efficient thanks to you

For ISA example it requires 5AT or ACC s&g but I have 5AS. I'm thinking to add ACC S&G to VO list and code the car and see if ISA is activated. If it is I'll copy the working parameters from all ECUs and Remove ACC S&G from VO and then FDL code the ISA parameters. Will it work that way? But if boolean codes are controlled in real time it won't happen. But as I understand it they are checked during the VO coding.

So theoretically this should work because even BMW put 5AT as a prerequisite to ISA all it does is to update the speed adjusted according to Signs read from map or navi which works in my car. 5AS only lacks front radar and distance adjustment buttons on the wheel which doesn't have anything to do with ISA, EDP or VZA
You could do that but be aware that there could be dozens/hundreds of other codes across multiple ECU that are changed when you add the new code(s) to your FA.

Best bet is to use esysx and esys Coding-verification so that you can do a before and after. Then you dont need anyones cafd - you can self-serve.

So, do a coding verification for your stock FA and SVT, generate fwl files and store in a folder, then do the same again but with your modified FA, and move those to another folder. Use winmerge or similar to compare the differences.

Bingo!
Appreciate 1
ejlover06104.50