Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
There has been somewhat of an exodus from California and New York to other states. Insane taxes, poor use of said tax money, pathetic government performance, and of course the social unrest. I even saw housing ads along the lines of 'great weather in Texas too, welcome to your new home, Californians!' U-Hauls from Texas to New York are cheap; there is a wait list for the other direction.

New York (City) has only allowed 25% capacity so far. 50% for the rest of the state. I'm not opposed to limiting capacity, but I am moving to Texas regardless.
I've got a lot of conservative friends thinking about moving. Not me though, I love it down here. Cost of living is high, but that's okay, gotta pay to play: The weather is nice, the location is prime. We have mountains, beaches, deserts, forests, night life... all within an hour or so drive. I don't know how much taxes others are paying, but I am doing just fine.

As far as social unrest, there is definitely tension because of the diversity of people and opinions. I can see how if someone can't come to terms with living with a difference of opinion, that maybe its easier to move away where there are more like-minded people. However, tolerance is more than just letting things go, it's about the capacity to endure. You can't challenge your ideals and grow as a person if you choose to run away from other opinions. I couldn't imagine going to another country and NOT trying the local cuisine, or studying and trying to understand a local culture and lifestyle. Why would my open-mindedness suddenly be closed just because I am in my own country?

I have family and friends here... roots. If I'm not happy, then I'll do what it takes to make it better as a citizen of this state. On a similar note, if I don't agree with how the US government is run, do I move to Canada? That's not very patriotic. That doesn't make our country stronger and it doesn't make me stronger. It's kinda just running away from a problem to be more comfortable. I don't live simply yearning for comfort.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1