Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
I don't think differences of opinion are the main reason people are leaving. It's just being pragmatic. There is a disproportionately large amount of wealthy people leaving. They pay very high taxes, and what do they get out of it? Riots closing down parts of the city? Businesses being boarded up? Homeless people sleeping in front of their expensive homes, and the police aren't allowed to tell them to move. Crime rate going up, and people want to de-fund the police? I'm not trying to say that the only thing that matters is your personal economic interests, but you can't blame people for wanting to move away from an uncomfortable situation.
The budget for the LAPD alone is in the billions. What I disagree with is the term "de-fund" and what it has come to mean to different people. One side of the spectrum wants to punish them by taking away funding, another wants to fund them to put more people in jail. It's become a tool to attack a group of people. How selfish of both sides.

Crime rate is generally down since 2016.

Difference of opinion is what I have noticed is a significant factor in people's decision to move, second to cost of living. Religion, sexuality, political party etc.. Mind you, these are just people I know in this area. It's generally conservatives who are expressing interest to move away. That's just what I see around me, the reality could be different in the grand scheme of things.

I don't blame them. I just don't share their coping mechanism. You gotta understand, things are much worse in other countries. I've seen too much bullshit in my life to give up my home because I'm "uncomfortable". Comfort is relative anyhow.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0