10-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #20
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Apart from being able to buy a bigger house for less, are Californians truly happier being in Texas? It’s hot to the point it’s not enjoyable here, plus there is FAR less to do/enjoy in Texas compared to California.
I dunno, but when we were in CA it was over 100F and we were dying. We were in our RV and the power at the campgrounds was soo bad we could not run both AC units. I'm sure there are other areas that don't get hot like SF but even up at Yosemite it was hot as fuck all when we were there in the summer.

To me CA is like Disney World. They charge you a shit ton of money to get in and it's really gorgeous inside. However once inside you have to deal with the insane amount of people everywhere you go. They have some cool rides, but you then have to stand in line for 3 hours to enjoy a 3min ride and honestly.... a lot of them are shit that haven't been updated in 50 years. $8 for a soda, $20 for a crappy burger.

I personally can't stand Disney World. The cost on my wallet and patience is not worth the awesome 3min ride. However many people are yearly pass holders and go every chance they get. I will never understand how they can possible enjoy that, but I guess as long as they are at Disney World they aren't wherever I am.
Appreciate 2
Smgs1992720.00