04-05-2020, 10:32 AM   #720
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M3forRay View Post
Refinish/painted. Cabinets appear to be in great condition and there wasn’t a need to replace.
We are in a similar position. Yellow-ish finish on oak cabinet doors that remain in good shape but we also prefer white cabinets. I've been a little hesitant to refinish over the oak because I'm not sure how the white would look with the oak grains. But I also haven't been excited about replacing perfectly functional cabinets due to design preferences.

I was also a little concerned about spray inside the house. Did you DIY this or have someone do it? Were the cabinets removed entirely and sprayed outside, or was any spray inside?

The other issue I've got is that the cabinet door design is different than your doors and my wife doesn't like the design of our doors. So we looked into refinishing, but with new doors / drawer fronts and adding some 12" cabinets on top of the 42's for more storage. When I was done pricing that, it was still less expensive than new cabinets, but not significantly so we reached a point of analysis paralysis (which at the moment I'm happy about).

Anyway, your pics look good. We may scale back our aspirations and just refinish with existing doors and drawers in light of current / anticipated economic conditions.