View Single Post
      09-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #201
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Never_Enough Kyngofpop here is why I have the talk.

Time: Last night.
Place: High end steakhouse.

The president of a company on whose board I sit came into town and wanted to have a quick sit down to get my opinion on a few which transpired at a meeting he had a few hours prior to us getting together. Nothing formal...just 2 guys talking in a bar. I knew how long it would take and asked my friend to meet us around 9:45-10:00 PM for a late drink. The prez and I finished, she rolls in, says hi and he departs.

We then move to the bar and sit to grab our drinks and chat. We ended up talking to about 4 or 5 other patrons in our area with one actually working in my industry and had lively, pleasant conversation. About an hour into in and as we're watching sports center, I rise to go to the head, do my business and come back. She's very close mouthed and her mood, once jubilant and happy is now reserved. She then asks if we can break after we finish the drink. I say sure and we go to a late night coffee house. After we arrive and sit down she said, "that sonofabitch hit on me and asked me what someone that looks like me is doing with that N-word." She didn't want to make a scene and chose not to tell me in the moment. This was a guy that I hit it off with, or so I thought, and had actually exchanged phone numbers as we have friends in common in my industry.

This crap still happens and I will take my own counsel on this topic.

Cheers gentlemen - mk
You didn't make much sense, with all due respect (I've been a long time lurker and have you in very high regard, as I do many others here).

The guy was an asshole.
Your skin colour has nothing to do with it.
You "having the talk" wouldn't have changed the scenario above in the slightest.

Insert any other adjective where the N word was placed (whitey, fat, loser, bald, short, sweaty, short-dicked, poor, rich ass, snob, white trash, plebe, stuck up, etc you get the gist).

I fail to see how "the talk" would've changed the outcome of your otherwise pleasant evening (I can perhaps see how having had the talk could have made that evening maybe less pleasant all around, as your date could've come defensive expecting the worst as per your "talk").

Do you see how it could've helped your scenario?
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00