________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
You didn't make much sense, with all due respect (I've been a long time lurker and have you in very high regard, as I do many others here).

The guy was an asshole.
Your skin colour has nothing to do with it.
You "having the talk" wouldn't have changed the scenario above in the slightest.

Insert any other adjective where the N word was placed (whitey, fat, loser, bald, short, sweaty, short-dicked, poor, rich ass, snob, white trash, plebe, stuck up, etc you get the gist).

I fail to see how "the talk" would've changed the outcome of your otherwise pleasant evening (I can perhaps see how having had the talk could have made that evening maybe less pleasant all around, as your date could've come defensive expecting the worst as per your "talk").

Do you see how it could've helped your scenario?
I find this quite interesting as my friend told me that she didn't believe things like this still happened until she started dating me. Is it confirmation bias or just increased situational awareness?

There were quite a few words he could have used to describe me but he went to that place. Why would he do that? If you can give me a satisfactory answer when I'm wearing a 1500 suit and I'm clearly intelligent based on our conversation. He could have simply state, "Hey, I'm sure he's a nice guy but if you ever get tired of him, hit me up...here's my number". I know this because it happens. Guys have hit on her before and I don't mind paying what I call the, "pretty girl tax". Guys hit on hot women. If you don't like it, don't date a hot woman. He chose to use a racially charged word. His choice. Nothing to do with me besides my phenotype.

What is the excuse for this? I'm asking quite seriously.
Again, low hanging fruit.
The asshole would've used any other excuse (say you showed up in a Ford pinto and he was driving a Ferrari, he would've used that).

The fact people are racist or appear racist wouldn't change with the talk, would it? That was the question I posed.

So if you're "poor" and only date "rich" girls, would you have the talk with them then? To prevent them from being surprised when hit on by other assholes in bars saying "what are you doing with this loser, I have a Ferrari" when you go to the washroom?
Appreciate 0