View Single Post
      01-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #145
SteVTEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
True, but the heritage is not as deep, IMO, as it is with the inline 6. BMW = inline 6 in my book and I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that way.
You're not alone. BMW = Inline 6 to me also, more specifically naturally aspirated Inline-6. Not a turbo fan here, either.

And thanks for these rants. Saves me the trouble of having to type up nearly identical rants. Glad to know I'm not alone either.

Just to add something, once upon a time I had a fairly recent Passat go flying past me at full throttle. It was one of the newer ones with the 2.0T engine. Not only did it sound completely awful, but the vibrations coming out of that thing were so bad that I could feel it in my own car! Did I mention they were going in the opposite direction and that the two directions of the local highway were separated by a good 20 yards worth of grassy area? Gotta love those Inline-4 engines, nastiest sounding and feeling engines on the planet, and have no place in a BMW imho, especially not a 5-series. Can't believe they're replacing the N52 with this thing in the 528i.

Last edited by SteVTEC; 01-21-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0