01-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #9
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
You will be rewarded for your hard work. The difference here is that you are not, nor should you ever think you are, entitled to things. You are doing a great thing by excelling at school and advancing faster than others. What you need to realize is you should be doing that for yourself only.

If your parents choose to reward you by helping you buy a car, you should be thankful for it. Expectation is what will destroy you. Humility can be very hard to have, especially at your age, but it is what will allow you to use yours gifts to their full potential.

As an example, I did not have much growing up and my mom tried her best to provide for us. I worked hard in school and earned my degree paying my own way through. I got my first job out of college at $54k per year. I have advanced quickly and am now 10 years in and making over $120k per year. I have found that one of the greatest strengths I have is that I remain humble in my abilities and accomplishments. I feel incredibly lucky to be where I am.

Be patient, you will go far, so long as you remain grounded.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Appreciate 0