View Single Post
      01-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #38
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

I'm gonna add an anecdote in here, OP, so you see what reward you should be seeking. My parents forced me into a private college during my second year out of H.S. I had been attending CC (on full ride scholarship) in my hometown trying to save them money and obtain my A.A.S. before moving onto a bachelors at a public university. My plan was solid and working. They had different ideas. After 1 yr. there and $20K later (that was just tuition, not including room and board) they, my father more specifically, finally listened to me and let me pursue my path as I had laid it from the start. I saved my parents somewhere in the neighborhood of ~$80K by going my route. You know what my reward was for that and what I wanted more than anything? I'd like to think that the savings I provided him helped, in part, pay for the Porsche 911 C2S he had been wanting for as long as I can remember (he purchased it was when I was 29, I am 33 now) or is sitting in their retirement account. The day he sent me the pics of him sitting in the car and that huge ass smile on his face was my reward.
Appreciate 0